Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wylie on IIF....



Incredibly interesting I thought, even though Ideas in Food had this on their blog I loved watching it so much I just had to put a post on ours. Wylie definitely is a thinking chef, and one I have a lot of respect for. Mike has eaten at WD 50 so maybe he might have a little better insight on the "method behind the madness."

I do know why an interview like this exists, I run into it every time something in the form of a powder goes into my cooking.....am I cheating? Is this a way to do it easier regardless of the end result? Does the ingredient lose its integrity the moment a hydrocolloid meets it? Well...In my opinion no...I have seen chefs that abuse and over use these ingredients. Its not the ingredients fault, should the beauty of being able to make ice cream with liquid nitrogen be overshadowed or neglected by some old school chump who doesn't want to keep learning. Who knows, I especially enjoyed what he had to say about foams, it describes a lot about the vibe in chef world these days.......anyways, enjoy and I would love feedback on this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment