Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things that are cool....

In Atlanta I found many things cool.  I found that I was an uncle again.  I got to hold a beautiful little girl, long overdo.  She is my family, she is perfect, and I love her and her mom and dad lots. 
I found an appreciation for food and local sustainability that was refreshing. 
I found that I love my wife more and more as the years and time go.
I also found that the Decalb farmer's market is a great place, really and truly, when you have no game plan and nothing other than an hour to kill and great music to wander to.
  I went to Atlanta with a brain bag of ideas for dinner because I knew and hoped I would be asked to cook by my food crazy brother.  This posed a fantastic and exciting challenge.  My brother's wife does not eat meat and could not eat dairy due to a possible dairy allergy in my baby niece.  I was forced outside of my comfort zone into seafood and what an adventure.  Pictures are not allowed in the Decalb Farmer's market but the fish market is great.  I wandered for quite a while.  I settled on a 3 lb. Branzini. I found galangal, snow pea tops, and peace.

1st course was a Pho style broth with seared Branzini, Shanghai bok choy, snow pea tops, and since there were no noodles in sight, unripe peach julienned.




2nd was farro creamed with avacado, chipotle mole, pico de gallo, and of course branzini





Great fun, hopefully food bros will be cooking together at a date, time, and place TBA

1 comment:


  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete