Friday, April 23, 2010

As The World Turns...

Where has it gone, what time is it.....too much time away. Too much to not include a recap, like in a 2 part MacGyver special. Last weekend I turned 30, started as a camping trip......then had the suprise of my life ending up in Chicago at Tapolabampo doing a tasting and a 45 minute kitchen tour then beers and burgers at the Billy Goat......I have lots of stories and lots of pics. and LOTS of food to discuss but had to finally make my way home, say goodbye to my grandpa for the last time, and work a week of specials into 2 days. But all is well and then some. The things I tasted in Chicago turned my palate sideways a notch. The short term...3 killer sauces...tomato arbol jus, tomato fennel horseradish jus, "french onion" jus.....lots of explaining to come and many words. I missed the forum....

No comments:

Post a Comment